Thursday, October 29, 2009

Coincindence

Stupid story, but it struck me funny. I was shopping for our pumpkin carving party with Isla this morning at Meijer. They happened to have pop on sale, the cases, so I put 3 in the cart, which, made the cart significantly harder to move and turn. But me has me diet soda for a week or two, (more on my severe caffeine addiction to come). Anyway, I'm going down the end aisle, trying to figure out where something is. I stopped, realizing it was the aisle before I had to go down, looking sheepishly at an older gentleman because I almost mowed him down in my haste. With great force, I pulled the cart backward, and in the EXACT same moment was a 'Beep, Beep, Beep...' like a gigantic bus backing up would sound like (come on, you know what I'm talking about and would totally impersonate it if this thing had sound). Anyway, this man, as well as Isla looks at me like, "HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!?!" I, myself, looked around for the candid camera for a second and almost cried the second second thinking, my butt is so large it's making BEEPING NOISES NOW! That is until I turned the corner down the aisle I needed and almost mowed over an old lady in one of those motorized scooters, who was backing up (completely out of sight of the old man, so he DOES think my butt is that large that it makes beeping sounds while I back up on an everyday basis). Commentary rant as to WHY a motorized scooter would possibly need a back-up beep to begin with will come at a later date.
Yes, that was what my friend Whitney would call a 'GodWink'. Apparently He thought I needed severely embarrassed as well as an internal chuckle this morning. Happenstance? coincidence? I think not :)

1 comment:

  1. You're hilarious! Let me mention that your profile photo is SO cute! You don't look like your butt should beep. Heeheehee. No really!

    ReplyDelete